Effective date: May 7th, 2018
- Data controller
- Types of personal data that are processed
PPA collect and process personal data about you (e.g. information that can directly or indirectly identify you, in particular using identifiers such as name, email and IP address (“Personal data”), in cases such as when:
- You use the Book now! form on our Website,
- You use the contact form on our Website,
- You provide comments or ask questions,
- You seek information or use other features or function of the Website,
- You contact us or connect with us through social media
- We take photographs of events and activities we organize,
- We contact you with regards to our products, services or events,
PPA will not collect Personal Data if you do not provide it voluntarily, except for certain Personal Data collected by information systems and programs used for operating the Website, the transmission of which is necessary for using Internet communication protocols (e.g., IP addresses when executing an order or application) and will not require more information than is needed to participate in certain activities. If you do not want to provide us with your Personal Data (besides Personal Data relating to the use of internet communication protocols that are usually collected when visiting the Website) you may still access our Website, but you may not be able to participate in certain events, properly register, activate or use a specific service, complete an order or get information about a particular event, apply for a job or contact us.
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Social media
PPA collect Personal Data on their contacts from social media (Facebook, Google+) and contact them through messages, and also send promotions to specific anonymous target groups (gender, age, interest in travel topics).
- Purposes, legal basis for processing and possible consequences of non-disclosure of Personal Data
- Take steps at your request before concluding a contract (e.g., answering your questions and comments, filling out your requests, submitting an application form or offer, receiving an offer, communicating with you about your Website activities, processing the application for an open job position or the job application);
- Execution of a contract to which you are a party (e.g., act in accordance to your application for a particular event or advertisement, provide access to specific areas and features on the Website, provide specific services);
- Investigating suspicion of fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any laws, rules or regulations, Website rules or the rights of third parties; or investigate any suspicious behaviour that we consider inappropriate;
- Compliance with the legal obligation to which PPA are subject (e.g., disclosures prescribed by law, regulation or a court order);
- For the purposes of or in connection with legal proceedings, establishment, defence or exercising of legal rights;
- Submitting ads or direct sales materials or conducting market research, performing data analytics or delivering commercial communications via electronic tools (SMS, e-mail, social media), regardless of whether automated (calls without an operator) or not, appropriate legal grounds, based on the legitimate interests or given consent of respondents;
- Photographing participants at events organised by PPA, based on the consent of participants, for the purpose of promoting events.
Providing Personal Data for the above purposes of 1 to 7 is voluntary, but any refusal to provide such data may prevent PPA from making a contract with you, responding to your requests, providing you with services, receiving from your and processing your application for a certain event and complying with the legal obligations that PPA are subject to.
The submission of Personal Data for purposes described in points 6 and 7 is also voluntary; failure to provide such Personal Data or objections to processing Personal Data based on the appropriate grounds related to your specific situation may prevent PPA from sending adverts or direct sales materials or conducting market research, data analytics or commercial communications. We may still contact you for administrative purposes, such as confirmation of an application, confirmation of an order, or requesting your further requests.
While strictly connected to the above-mentioned purposes, your Personal Data may be disclosed to:
- Persons necessary for execution of orders, registering for events, delivering packages, send electronic mail, removing redundant information from a list of recipients receiving services, analysing of data and providing marketing support, taking photographs of events, credit and debit card processing and the provision of customer services, who typically process Personal Data on behalf of PPA as processors;
- Persons that maintain our IT systems,
- Persons authorised by PPA for processing Personal Data, subject to the appropriate legal obligation of confidentiality (employees of PPA);
- Bodies of PPA, subject to the appropriate contractual obligation of confidentiality;
- Law enforcement departments and public authorities when required by governing law or in good faith (e.g., to comply with the provisions of laws or comply with legal proceedings in relation to PPA, protect and defend the rights or property of PPA and the Website, or in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of PPA users, their Websites or the public);
- Legal and financial counsellors of PPA in the event of the need to forward data for legal, tax and auditors proceedings,
- Business partners for their requirements but only in accordance with the appropriate legal basis.
- Retention of data
PPA will process your Personal Data only as long as necessary to achieve the purposes described in Section 4. Regarding the purposes described in sections 4.6 and 4.7, your Personal Data will be processed until you exercise your right to object or until you withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Data. In addition to the foregoing, PPA will retain your Personal Data as required or permitted in accordance with governing laws (e.g., for at least 11 years, in accordance with the Accounting Act, keeping official documents based upon which data is entered into the diary or main ledger).
- Your rights
PPA hereby inform you that, in accordance and to the extent permitted by governing law, you have the right to request PPA access and correction or deletion of your Personal Data or limit processing related to your Personal Data and to object to relevant processing activities, transfer personal data and to file a complaint with the competent supervisory body (in the Republic of Croatia, the Croatian Personal Data Protection Agency). You also have the right to know the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your Personal Data was or will be disclosed, especially recipients in third countries.
- Links to other websites
- Security practices
Security surrounding your Personal Data is exceptionally important to us, therefore we have set up the appropriate physical, electronic, and management procedures to protect the data we collect. However, due to inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communication between you and us or the information stored on the Website or on our servers will be completely safe from unauthorised access by third parties. To the greatest extent permitted by governing law, we waiver all responsibility and all liability for any damages that you may incur due to loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alteration of any information you submit to the Website.
- Governing law/jurisdiction
- Transfer of property
In the course of our business, we may sell or buy assets. If another entity acquires all or almost all of the assets of PPA, the Personal Data we have collected regarding users of the Website may be transferred to that person. Moreover, if any bankruptcy or restructuring process is initiated against us, such data may be considered our property and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Contact information